* The principles of Ayurveda and chart for determining your individual constitution.
* Maintaining one's health, digestion and constitutional balance.
* A listing of the qualities of foods and their effects on the doshas.
* Setting up of an Ayurvedic kitchen and planning menus for every member of your family.
* More than 100 recipes of delicious Ayurvedic cuisine.
* Nearly 300 simple remedies for everything-from the common cold and skin problems to stabilizing blood sugar in diabetics - all using familiar household herbs, fruits and vegetables!
Dr Vasant Dattatray Lad (born 1943) directs the Ayurvedic Institute in Albuquerque (New Mexico, USA) and is a member of the governing bodies of diverse Ayurvedic organizations and associations. He has written numerous books and articles on Ayurvedic medicine and teaches physicians, alternative-medicine practitioners, and lay people all over the world.
In 1968, Dr Vasant Lad received a Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (B.A.M.S.) from the University of Pune (India) and a Master of Ayurvedic Science (M.A.Sc.) from the Tilak Ayurved Mahavidyalaya in Pune in 1980.