Attractive and simple to use, The Yoga Cookbook is the classic guide to a healthy, healing diet.
The teachings of Yoga advocate a vegetarian diet with special emphasis on foods that bring peace to body, mind and spirit. The Yoga Cookbook makes this health giving yogic diet available to everyone.
The easy-to-follow recipes use pure, wholesome foods that increase vitality, energy, health and joy. The book offers advice on the basic ingredients and suggests ways of food combining--what to eat together, and what to keep apart.
* The first international illustrated book on yogic cooking
* Food from all over the world for every time of day
* Wheat-free recipes and guidance for vegans
* Recipes developed by the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres
* Illustrated throughout with specially commissioned photographs.
Yogic Start to the Day, Soup Samskaras, Glorious Grains, Protein Prana, Vegetable Virya, Sattvic Sweets, Finishing Touches, Yogic Feasts, April in Paris, Picnic in the Sun, South Indian Bandhara, Middle Eastern Feast, Winter Festival, Fasting, Glossary and Further Reading, Index